PRO/AH/EDR> Foodborne illness – Nepal: (JA) fatal, mushrooms, susp.

Foodborne Illness — Nepal
A child has died and 7 persons have fallen ill after consuming poisonous mushrooms in Kushe Rural Municipality-1 of Jajarkot district.
The deceased has been identified as AC, 3-year-old daughter of a local.
Those fallen ill are TBC (50), LC (30), KC(30), NS(9), DC(12), AC (14), and PC (14), according to ward chair Harichandra Basnet. He said the deceased and those who have fallen ill belong to 3 families who had consumed the mushrooms brought from the forest.
[Byline: Dinesh